Introduction

Introduction
I have been given a task to produce a set design which is based on the film called, "Little Shop of Horrors." As the set design is very important within theatres I am expected to create a stage which meets all of the requirements of the film as well as 1950's New York. During the process of organising an outstanding stage for an audience, I will be noting down key aspects of my planning. This includes the production of the design and as much research as possible. Also, it is essential to communicate with all members of my group and sharing new ideas. I will ensure that my ideas are original and I am asking opinions from my teacher and client. I am looking forward to creating an exciting design for the stage and an outcome I can proudly reflect on.



Thursday 25 November 2010

Model Box Set Design


Up till now, the group has made two types of sets. One included the dirt and dullness of the story whereas the other is brought to life. We are able to see comparisons of the two as it is exciting to switch the scenes in the model box. Also, we have been cutting and gluing images onto cardboard which is placed in the model box. The group is now considering which materials will be added in the set to emphasize the stage. This included investigating how we can demonstrate to the audience that the set has changed by including bright lighting or petals falling onto the ground as the florist reopens. In my opinion, the set looks as it should be because one half of the story is very unappealing whereas the second part is much more attractive but still glum.



These are the examples of images we used which were printed and stuck onto cardboard for a 3D affect:
Brick wall                                       1950 cheap flooring 
                             
                                                                         Vintage wallpaper






Members of the team created different set designs in a smaller scale box. I photocopied images from my 1950 Mood board and attached it inside the model box to visualise if it would look suitable as one of the main backdrops in the real production. Experimenting and exchanging images enabled me to recognise how the different sets needed a different scenery to portray the correct message to the audience making it clear for them to realise a change has occurred. From this, we could take the next step into developing these ideas by using creative materials such as fabrics, paint, and tissue paper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment