Introduction

Introduction
I have been given a task to produce a set design which is based on the film called, "Little Shop of Horrors." As the set design is very important within theatres I am expected to create a stage which meets all of the requirements of the film as well as 1950's New York. During the process of organising an outstanding stage for an audience, I will be noting down key aspects of my planning. This includes the production of the design and as much research as possible. Also, it is essential to communicate with all members of my group and sharing new ideas. I will ensure that my ideas are original and I am asking opinions from my teacher and client. I am looking forward to creating an exciting design for the stage and an outcome I can proudly reflect on.



Wednesday 5 January 2011

Audience Feedback

With our client we discussed and decided we wanted the target audience to be students, families and members of the staff because performing Little Shop of Horrors mostly suited this target. To promote this production advertisement of leaflets were used around within the school location.

These are what the audience thought of the show from different ages:

Anisha 14 yrs
“The show was amazing! Really lively and colourful.”

Gunita 16 yrs
“The show wasn’t as funny as I expected. The actors could have rehearsed the script more.”

Mrs Bansal (Mum 39)
“It was very professional looking for a student production. The Lighting and sets made it look very convincing.”

Amit 12 yrs
“I liked the designs of the set it was so cool how each scene could change so much.”

Mr Edwards Teacher
“The props and background were impressive, especially the giant plant and how it got bigger and bigger in each scene, that was the best bit. It really looked like it was eating people.”

Faizan 16 yrs
“There were some scary parts and the songs were very good.”

Amrit 13 yrs
“I wish I had known it was going to be that good, I would have auditioned for a part. It felt like a professional musical.”

Mr Ward Headteacher
“Wow, defiantly the best school performance I’ve ever seen. It was visually amazing!”


From these results, I can see that the majority of people liked the performance visually meaning the acting has not been talked about too much which may not had been perfect as there were many young performers but I am delighted the set designs made up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment