Introduction

Introduction
I have been given a task to produce a set design which is based on the film called, "Little Shop of Horrors." As the set design is very important within theatres I am expected to create a stage which meets all of the requirements of the film as well as 1950's New York. During the process of organising an outstanding stage for an audience, I will be noting down key aspects of my planning. This includes the production of the design and as much research as possible. Also, it is essential to communicate with all members of my group and sharing new ideas. I will ensure that my ideas are original and I am asking opinions from my teacher and client. I am looking forward to creating an exciting design for the stage and an outcome I can proudly reflect on.



Wednesday 5 January 2011

Technical Drawing


Creating a layout of the stage with measurements is important as it helps us recognise where the props are positioned for each set change. This enables us to see sightlines for the audeince and stage blocking as we have to ensure actors and objects are not overcrowding each other. The measurements are important as it shows how big each props can be to fit on the stage. For each different set change it was significant to rehearse the performance as much as possible to be able to ensure which props are including for different script sections of the story and helps the crew members memorise the script. This is essential in any production as measurement designs gains knowledge of structures and the layout of the show and helps run the performance smoothly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment