Introduction

Introduction
I have been given a task to produce a set design which is based on the film called, "Little Shop of Horrors." As the set design is very important within theatres I am expected to create a stage which meets all of the requirements of the film as well as 1950's New York. During the process of organising an outstanding stage for an audience, I will be noting down key aspects of my planning. This includes the production of the design and as much research as possible. Also, it is essential to communicate with all members of my group and sharing new ideas. I will ensure that my ideas are original and I am asking opinions from my teacher and client. I am looking forward to creating an exciting design for the stage and an outcome I can proudly reflect on.



Wednesday 5 January 2011

Designing the Plant

Before designing the plant Audrey the team members researched the way the plant may look and how it will be made within the budget and time-scale. It was best if this life size was worn by a person who will be in charge to function movements from the huge terrifying mouth to make the prop seem life like. We had to consider the following:
Measurement of the plant.
How will this plant manually be able to act life like?
Will the person be hidden inside the plant to make it look as realistic and effective for the audience?
Because the prop will be big and quite heavy how strong will the person need to be to hold the plant for a lengthy time?
This includes, which safety considerations must we be aware of to ensure the person behind the plant is unharmed.
Also which type of material will be included while the plant is being held? E.g breathable cotton.

As some team members were taking measurements of the plant using a person for a template so they will be able to fit into the final creation, additional features were being designed by others such as the big plants leafs and flower pot. This was done by using a variety of materials such as paint and coloured tissue paper.

Images showing different members of the team focusing on either the technical or creative part of the plant design:




No comments:

Post a Comment